Security, Antivirus, McAfee, How to exclude files from the On-Access Scanner
NOTE: Excluding certain folders can seriously reduce the effectiveness of AV.
How do I exclude files from the On-Access Scanner?
To exclude files from VirusScan's On-Access Scanner, do the following:
1. Open the VirusScan Console
2. Right click on On-Access Scan
3. Go to properties.
4. Go to "All Processes" on the left
5. Click on the detections tab
6. Click on the exclusions button
This will let you select files or folders not to scan.