Email, Spam Control, How to change Personal Spam Policies
How can I change my Personal Spam Policy?
Change your Spam Policy
- In your mailbox, find and open a recent Daily Digest. (Can't find one? See solution Email, Spam Control, How to request a digest .)
- Click on the Manage My Account link.
- After the web page opens, Click on the Profile tab in the lower-left corner.
- Select a desired policy under "What type of spam detection do you want?". The different policies are explained below.
- Click the Save button.
The five ways for handling likely and certain spam are referred to as Personal Spam Policies. They are:
- Cautious: Possible, likely and certain spam is sent to your Quarantine, a server space where spam is held for 10 days.
- Cautious Plus: Possible and likely spam is sent to your Quarantine, certain spam is automatically deleted.
- Aggressive: Possible spam is sent to your Quarantine; likely and certain spam is automatically deleted.
- No Quarantine: Possible spam is delivered to your mailbox; likely and certain spam is automatically deleted.
- Cautious Plus, No Quarantine: Certain Spam and Known Virus are deleted Possible Spam and Likely Spam is delivered to your mailbox.
The following chart illustrates the email delivery differences in the policies:
|Personal Spam Policies|
|Cautious||Cautious Plus||Aggressive||No Quarantine||Cautious Plus, No Quarantine|
|Not Spam (spamscore=0-49)||delivered||delivered||delivered||delivered||delivered|
|Possible Spam (spamscore=50-70)||quarantined||quarantined||quarantined||delivered||delivered|
|Likely Spam (spamscore=80-98)||quarantined||quarantined||deleted||deleted||delivered|
|Certain Spam (spamscore=99-100)||quarantined||deleted||deleted||deleted||deleted|
- If you switched to the No Quarantine policy, then suspect messages will no longer be stored in quarantine.
- If you don't want an empty daily spam digest then uncheck the box next to "Send digest even when I have no messages in my End User Digest" on the "My Settings" page.
- See Email, Spam control, Spam Control FAQ for additional information.