Wiki, Requesting Guest Users
Qualified space administrators may request Wiki guest accounts to support collaborations with non-UIUC users. Guest accounts should be requested by using the Illinois Wiki Guest User Request Form
How do I add guest users to my Wiki space?
Upon account creation, each guest user will receive an email with instructions on how to access the Wiki. The guest user will also appear in the Individual Users area of the permissions page for the space, which allows the space administrator to manage permissions for a guest users exactly as for a campus user.
Viewing a List of Current Guest Users
Space administrator can view of list of their current guests users by following these steps:
Global Theme (Default)
- Navigate to any page in your space.
- Select Space Admin from the Browse pull-down at the top of the page
- Complete a login, if necessary.
- Select Permissions from the security section in the left sidebar
- View the "Individual Users" section.
- Navigate to any page in your space
- Select Permissions from the Space Tools menu in the bottom of the left sidebar
- View the "Individual Users" section
Permissions for guest users can be edited exactly like permissions for a campus user.
Guest User Password Reset
Guest users can reset their password by visiting the following URL:
In order to complete a password reset, the guest user must enter their email address exactly as it appears on the space permissions page. The Wiki service will then send a temporary password to the guest user's email account.
(From here: https://wiki.illinois.edu/wiki/display/HELP/Managing+Guest+Users+for+Your+Space)