Electronic Directory, How to change a proxy and update a group alias
I would like to be a proxy for my department's Electronic Directory entry. How can I be added as proxy for my unit's Electronic Directory entry? How can I edit my department's Electronic Directory alias?
The Help Desk is able to assign proxy rights to a group or unit's Electronic Directory
entry. Once an individual has proxy rights, he or she will be able to
make changes to the unit or group's entry (such as their address or
To begin the process, the Help Desk will request
proof of proper ownership. Proper ownership means that the requester is
indeed authorized to edit the group or unit's entry.
1) The requester should present a letter on University departmental letterhead,
signed by the unit director, stating that the requester be assigned
proxy rights to the group or unit's Electronic Directory entry.
- This letter should contain the group or unit's alias that needs to be updated, and the NetID of the requested proxy(s).
- The letter can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com
1) The proxy is now responsible for the data in that Unit entry. Tech Services cannot restore a damaged entry.
2) Information in the entry that cannot be updated by the proxy via the Group Alias Management form must be done by request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a proxy
requests changes to this information, submit the request to email@example.com.