UC, Lync 2013, Setting Up Lync 2013 Client for Windows
Here's how to download, install, and set up Lync 2013 for Windows.
Download and install Lync 2013 for Windows
If you need to download and install the Lync software yourself, the current download is available from: https://webstore.illinois.edu/Shop/product.aspx?zpid=1569&shopby=2
- Of the Lync downloads offered, choose the .EXE file for your computer's operating system type (32 bit or 64 bit).
- Download the .EXE file and double-click it to install Lync.
Important updates for Lync have been released since Microsoft created the Lync installation package provided on the Webstore.
See Minimum Lync Client Versions Required to get the latest updates for Lync.
- Click the Options button at the top right of the Lync 2013 program window and choose Personal.
- Under My Account, enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Or, if you are an AITS employee, use email@example.com)
- Click the Automatically start Lync when I log on to Windows check box.
- Click OK
When you have signed out of Lync, you cannot make phone calls, including to 911. Stay signed in to Lync during working hours in order to be able to make phone calls.
- Click File, Sign out on the menu bar if shown at the top of the Lync program window.
- Click the presence state menu directly under your name at the top of the Lync window and choose Sign out.
To completely quit the Lync application (normally not necessary), right click the Lync icon in the icon tray and choose Exit.
Setting up Lync 2013 for Windows
- Change Your Picture
- Set Up Lync Audio and Video Devices
- Set Up, Test, and Troubleshoot Lync Audio
- Set Up and Troubleshoot Lync Video
- Phone Options
- Frequently Asked Questions
Use Lync 2013 for Windows
After you've completed these steps, see Using Lync 2013 for Windows to get started using Lync 2013, including more information on new features and capabilities. See also UC Training for additional tools and resources.