UC, Skype for Business, Setting Up Lync/Skype Client for Windows
Here's how to download, install, and set up Lync 2013 for Windows.
Download and install Skype for Business for Windows
If you need to download and install the Lync/Skype for Business software yourself, the current download is available from: https://webstore.illinois.edu/Shop/product.aspx?zpid=1569&shopby=2 .
- Of the downloads offered, choose the .EXE file for your computer's operating system type (32 bit or 64 bit).
- Download the .EXE file and double-click it to install Lync/Skype for Business.
Important updates have been released since Microsoft created the Lync/Skype for Business installation package provided on the Webstore.
See UC, Minimum Lync and Skype for Business Client Versions Required to get the latest updates.
- Click the Options button at the top right of the Lync/Skype for Business program window and choose Personal.
- Under My Account, enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Or, if you are an AITS employee, use email@example.com)
- Click the Automatically start Skype for Business when I log on to Windows check box.
- Click OK
When you have signed out, you cannot make phone calls, including to 911. Stay signed in to Lync/Skype for Business during working hours in order to be able to make phone calls.
- Click File, Sign out on the menu bar if shown at the top of the Lync/Skype for Business program window.
- Click the presence state menu directly under your name at the top of the Lync/Skype for Business window and choose Sign out.
To completely quit the Lync application (normally not necessary), right click the Lync/Skype for Business icon in the icon tray and choose Exit.