Skype for Business, Signing in to Skype for Business for Android?
On this page you can find answers to commonly-asked questions about signing into Skype for Business for Android.
What is the Skype for Business app?
How do I install it?
- From your phone, click the Google Play Store icon to go to the Google Play Store, and search for Skype for Business.
- Tap Install.
Use these settings to configure your device when you sign into Skype for Business for the first time:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com for AITS employees)
- Password: your AD password
- Check "save my password" (so that you won't need to re-authenticate whenever you change networks)
- Enter your mobile number with country and region codes, for example: 12175550123. If Skype for Business can’t use a Wi-Fi or cellular data network to make an audio or video call, you will be called at this number and connected to the audio portion of the call.
How long do I stay signed in on Lync app for Android?
Once you’re signed in you’ll remain signed in while as long as there is connectivity. If connectivity is lost for 30 or more minutes, you’ll be signed out. If you have connectivity but haven’t used the application for 10 days, you’ll be signed out.