Campus Mailing Lists, Visibility of list membership
I am a list owner, how do I change who can review subscribers of my list?
A "privileged" list owner can define if the list membership is visible to: public, members only, or owner only.
- Log into https://lists.illinois.edu.
- Select your list from the menu on the left.
- Click "Admin" from the menu on the left.
- Click on "Edit List Config."
- Click on "Privileges."
- Select the desired option from the section, "Who can review subscribers."
Click on "Apply modifications," which is located at the bottom of the page.
- no one can review (closed)
- restricted to subscribers or local domain users (intranet)
- listmaster only (listmaster)
- only owner (and listmaster) (owner)
- restricted to subscribers (default value)
- anyone (public)
Note: We recommend the "Who can review subscribers" be set to "only owner". This will prevent nefarious actors from taking the email addresses of the subscribers.