Campus Mailing Lists, Visibility of list membership
I am a list owner, how do I change who can review subscribers of my list?
A "privileged" list owner can define if the list membership is visible to: public, members only, or owner only.
- Log into https://lists.illinois.edu.
- Select your list from the menu on the left.
- Click "Admin" from the menu on the left.
- Click on "Edit List Config."
- Click on "Privileges."
- Select the desired option from the section, "Who can review subscribers."
Click on "Update," which is located at the bottom of the page.
- no one can review (closed)
- restricted to subscribers or local domain users (intranet)
- listmaster only (listmaster)
- only owner (and listmaster) (owner)
- restricted to subscribers (default value)
- anyone (public)
- The default Owner is the "normal" list owner who has read permission for list settings. A normal owner has permission to change settings related to membership. For example: manage subscribers, assign moderators, make archives available, manage bounces memberships, and add address to the block and safe lists.
- Privileged owners can also change the permission of an existing owner between normal and privileged.