Skype for Business, Participate in Online Meetings with Skype for Business Web App
On this page, you can can learn how to join and participate in a Skype for Business meeting using the Web App.
You don't need to download or install any apps to join a Skype Meeting with Skype for Business Web App, unless you are using Google Chrome. Just select the link in the meeting request email and follow the instructions in the browser window to join. Chrome users should follow the directions below about installing and activating the necessary plug-in.
As of April 2017, the Web App does not work with Firefox versions 52.x and above because plug-in support has been disabled in that browser. The solution is to use another browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Edge on Windows 10; or to install the 32-bit version of the Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR).
Join the meetingHere are the basic steps to join a Skype Meeting from Skype for Business Web App:
- Open the meeting request in your email or calendar and select Join Skype Meeting.
- If prompted to install a plug-in or allow an application to run, follow the instructions below this section.
- Enter your name on the sign-in screen and select Join the meeting. Sign in to Skype for Business Web App as a guest or with your organization's credentials
- Follow your browser's instructions for installing the Skype for Business Web App Plug-in, which is required for audio, video, and screen sharing.
- Depending on the meeting options set by the organizer, you'll either join the meeting immediately, or be directed to the virtual lobby.
Installing and Activating Necessary Plug-Ins for Chrome
- Click to install the plugin.
- You may need to close and reopen the browser afterward.
- Enter the URL again and click to allow or launch the application (if prompted).
- Enter your credentials when prompted. Guests should click Cancel at the Windows Security prompt.
- At the main Web App window, enter your credentials. Guests should click on Sign in as a guest to the meeting.
- If connecting as a guest, enter your name and click on Join the meeting.
- Click Allow to allow the plug-in to run and enter the meeting.
More Information about the Skype for Business Web App Meeting Room
- Controlling your audio and video
- Setting meeting options
- Sharing content, including sharing your desktop or a PowerPoint presentation; adding an attachment, whiteboard, or poll
- Managing participants
- Viewing Meeting IM conversations
You can call in to a Lync Meeting if you don’t have a computer, or if you prefer to use a phone for audio. All you need is the conference number and meeting ID, which is in the meeting request.
- Dial the conference number listed in your meeting request.
- Enter the Conference ID using your phone dial pad.
- You may also need to enter a PIN and work number or extension. See Skype for Business PINs for more information.
- Depending on the meeting settings, you may have to wait to be admitted, or you may get connected automatically.
- When in the meeting, press *1 on your phone to get a list of the options you can use, such as mute, unmute, and so on.
For more information, see Joining a Skype for Business meeting .