Skype for Business, Options -> Phone Numbers and TTY
On this page, you can learn how to change phone numbers and use a text telephone (TTY).
Use the Skype for Business – Options > Phones dialog box to set up or change settings for any phones you use Skype for Business.
Your phone numbers show up on your contact card and are visible to your contacts, depending on the permission you choose when adding them.
- Under My phone numbers click a box and type your number. Use only the digits 0123456789, and no parentheses or hyphens. When adding international numbers, type the + sign, then the country code followed by the local number.
- Check the boxes next to the numbers that you want to show on your contact card.
- Work Phone: is visible to all contacts except blocked or external contacts. If your campus directory entry has your work phone number, this option will be grayed out and it won’t let you change the number or remove from your contact card, even if you uncheck the box next to Include in my contact card.
- Mobile Phone: is visible only to contacts with Workgroup or Friends and Family permissions.
- Home Phone: is visible only to contacts with Friends and Family permissions.
- Other Phone: this option is set by the Skype for Business server and cannot be modified. It is visible only to contacts with Friends and Family permissions.
Text telephone (TTY) mode is used for text communication over a telephone line. A TTY device must be connected to the computer to interpret the modified audio; otherwise you might experience poor audio quality during the call. Using TTY mode in a conference call may also cause audio quality issues.
TTY mode is turned off by default. To turn on the feature:
- Connect a TTY device to your computer.
- Click Turn on TTY mode, under Phone accessibility.
- Sign out of Skype for Business, and then sign back in.
Use a Text Telephone (TTY) Lync Phone Edition Hardware
- From the Lync Phone Edition phone's (e.g. Polycom CX600) Home Screen, press the Menu key
- Use the Up & Down Arrow Keys to select Settings
- Use the Up & Down Arrow Keys to select “Text Telephony (TTY)”
- Press the OK or Left Select Key to enable TTY
- To disable TTY, repeat steps 1-4.