UC, Lync 2013, Add a Contact in Lync 2013
On this page, you can learn how to add contact from inside or outside of the campus network in Lync 2013.
Add a contact using search
Here’s the quick, no-frills way to add a contact:
- In the search box on the
Contacts view of the Lync main window, type a name, IM address, or phone
number to add to your list. As you type, the search results will start
appearing below the search box.
- When you see the listing for the person you want to add, point at the picture (or picture display area), then click the More Options button.
- Point to Add to Contact List and select a group for your new contact to belong to.
Add a contact using the Add a contact icon
There will be times when the quick-and-simple approach outlined above isn’t appropriate. For instance, your search may not have brought up the results you expected (this can happen when the person you want to add is from outside of your organization). Or maybe you need to give your new contact more privileged access to your calendar information than you give some other contacts. In these and other cases, it may make sense to add a contact using this method instead:
- On the Lync main window, click the Add a contact icon , and then select one of the following two options from the drop-down menu.
- To add a contact who is on the campus network:
- Click Add a Contact in my Organization.
- Type the person’s name or email address in the search panel.
- Right-click the listing, click Add to Contacts List from the drop-down menu, and select a group to add the contact to.
- To add a contact who is not on the campus network:
- Click Add a Contact Not in my Organization.
- On the second drop-down menu, click the IM service that your new contact will likely use to communicate with you. (The list you see will depend on what services your company has set up Lync to work with.) If you aren’t sure what IM service this person uses, click Other.
- The Add contact dialog box now appears. In the IM address field at top of the dialog box, enter a correctly formatted instant messaging address for your new contact. (You will know that the address is correctly formatted when you see a green checkmark to the right of the address.)
- Click the Group drop-down arrow and select a group to add your new contact to.
- Click the Relationship drop-down arrow and select a privacy relationship for your new contact.
- Click OK.