UC, Lync 2013, Introduction to Lync 2013 Meeting room
On this page, you can learn about the features and options that are available to you as the presenter of an online meeting in Lync 2013.
Keep in mind that most menus open when you pause on an icon, and then you can click an option you want.
Let’s have a look.
The first thing you want to check is the audio controls, which you can find by pausing on the phone / mic icon. Here you can mute your audio, put the audio on hold, change devices or transfer to another number.
For more information, see:
Adding video to your meeting can enhance your experience and help the participants be more interactive, just like a regular face-to-face meeting.
First make sure your camera is connected and set up. Then, pause on the camera icon to see a preview and start your video.
For more information see:
If you’re presenting in the meeting, pause on the presentation (monitor icon), and select any of these options:
- Share desktop, programs or monitor
- Upload PowerPoint slides
- Whiteboard for ad hoc collaboration
- Attach a file for people to download
- Take shared or private meeting notes
All about the participants
On the people menu, you see a list of the participants and can access a contact card with a right-click on the names. If you’re a presenter, you’ll have access to other controls, such as muting the audience or inviting more people.
Pause on the people icon to manage participants individually or as a group:
- Click Invite More People to add additional participants. You can invite by selecting someone from the list, or by a phone number.
Just type a number and click OK. Lync calls the person for you and adds them to the meeting.
NOTE Your account must be enabled for calling out a number, in order to invite someone by phone.
- Under the Participants tab, right-click a person’s name and use the options to mute, unmute, make presenter / attendee, or remove from the meeting.
- Click the Actions tab, and then select an option:
- Mute Audience to eliminate background noise.
- No Attendees Video to block attendees from starting video.
- Hide Names to hide the names on the pictures.
- Everyone an Attendee if you have too many presenters.
- Invite by email to send email invitations to additional people.
Pick a layout
Depending on your meeting type, you can select a specific view of content, presenter, or participants.
Click Pick a layout on the lower right side of the meeting:
- Gallery View shows all the participants’ pictures, or videos, plus meeting content.
- Speaker View shows the presenter’s picture or video at the lower-right corner of the meeting window, plus meeting content.
- Presentation View shows only the meeting content.
- Compact view shows the tiles of the participants’ pictures in a compact window.
More Options (…)
Under the More Options menu, you’ll find information such as Meeting Entry Info (meeting link and audio numbers), and Lync Help.
If you’re a presenter, you’ll also see Start Recording, Manage Recording, Lync Meeting Options and End Meeting.
For more information about recording, see Record and Playback a Lync Meeting.
Instant messaging (IM)
A nice feature of Lync Meetings is the ability to send IMs to everyone in the meeting. You can pause on the IM icon to access the window, or click the icon to dock the window in the meeting.
When you dock the window, you’ll see more options such as choosing fonts, or adding smiley faces. You can also right-click in the IM window to access more options.