UC Help: Skype for Business features within the Outlook Web App (webmail.illinois.edu)
On this page you can find University-specific documentation about how to use Skype for Business within the Outlook Web App interface available at https://webmail.illinois.edu.
Instant messaging – currently enabled
When you log in to https://webmail.illinois.edu (external link), Skype for Business' instant messaging features will be available to you as well.
- Instant messaging is not available in the "Light" web interface. You'll need to log in to the full Web interface.
- The first time you log in to webmail.illinois.edu, if all goes normally you will be logged in to Skype for Business instant messaging immediately.
- To sign in, sign out or change your status, click your display name in the upper right corner and choose from the list of options there.
- Webmail.illinois.edu remembers your status from one session to another. Choosing "sign out" will keep you signed out even across new Exchange web logins unless you choose to sign in again.
- You'll also be able to see your contacts' current status in email messages. Presence indicators will show up next to names in email message To and From areas, similar to if you were using Outlook along with the Lync or Skype for Business software client.
- Your Skype for Business contact list will be in the left hand section below the list of your exchange mailbox folders. There is a choice there to add a new Skype for Business contact.
Voice and video communication – not yet
While the main Lync or Skype for Business clients offer voice and video communication, that feature is not available in the webmail.illinois.edu interface.
Voice mail options
You can control voice mail options in Webmail/OWA. Click on Options (top right corner) -> See All Options -> Phone -> Voice Mail.