Skype for Business, Mac Installation
This page contains installation instructions for Skype for Business for Mac.
Make sure your computer will support Skype for Business:
- OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) or OSX 10.12 (Sierra)
- Outlook Mac build 15.27 (161010) or newer required for Outlook integration
- Make sure your computer is fully patched with
- Recommended hardware configurations are described on the Recommended Computer Configurations page.
Where to download
Skype for Business is available as an individual download from the WebStore at https://webstore.illinois.edu/shop/product.aspx?zpid=1569&shopby=2 or from Microsoft at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54108.
Important updates for Skype for Business are sometimes released after Microsoft creates the Skype for Business installation package.
Use Microsoft AutoUpdate on your Mac to keep your Office software up-to-date. You can manually check for updates by opening the Skype for Business client, then going to Help > Check for Updates
- Sign-in address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or, if you're an AITS employee, use email@example.com
- Password: AD password
How to use Skype for Business on Mac
On Skype for Business, Outlook, Training available, you can learn about upcoming UC training workshops, online training resources, and other tools.https://support.office.com/en-us/skype-for-business.