Web Intelligence Rich Client - Login Failed
Some customers are receiving a Login Failed error after entering their user name and password in Web Intelligence.
Some customers are receiving a Login Failed error when trying to access Web Intelligence.
An error message you may receive is in Web Intelligence is "Database error:(CS) "Unable to connect to the repository". (IES 10901) (WIS 10901)." There are two different approaches you can try to fix this error.
Login Failed - Clear LocData Folder
If you are able to log into EDDIE and launch Web Intelligence, but unable to login directly to Web Intelligence Rich Client try the following steps:
1) Open Documents < My SAP Business Objects Documents < LocData.
2) Delete the files (.intranet, .extranet, .lsi files) within the LocData folder.
3) Launch Web Intelligence from EDDIE (required for setting the file association). Instructions
Login Failed - Close Webi Running in the Background
If you can confirm that Web Intelligence is Disconnected and login fails, try the following steps:
1) Go to the bottom right corner on the menu bar to view all the open programs.
2) If the Web Intelligence icon is there, RIGHT-Click and select QUIT.
3) Launch Web Intelligence and try to login.