Email, Exchange, OWA, How to create a filter in the Outlook Web App
To do this:
I want to create a rule to filter certain email
- Log in to the Outlook Web App: https://webmail.illinois.edu
- Click "Options" in the upper right corner
- Click "Create an inbox rule"
- In the center pane, click "New" to open the window to create a new inbox rule
- Use the drop-down menu for "When the message arrives, and:" to select the criteria you want mail to be filtered by
- Use the drop-down menu for "Do the following:" to select what is done with the filtered mail.
- Click "Save"
- Accept the warning about using the Outlook Web App or Windows PowerShell to modify your rules by clicking "OK".
To modify an existing inbox rule, follow steps 1-3 above, then highlight the rule you want to modify and click "Details".To delete an existing inbox rule, follow steps 1-3 above, then highlight the rule you want to delete and click the X icon in the center pane.
NOTE: If you use the "light" version of the Outlook Web App, your existing inbox rules will continue to filter mail, but you will not be able to view, modify, create, or delete inbox rules.