Illinois Compass 2g, Commenting on a Blog
This page contains information about adding comments to a Blog entry in Illinois Compass 2g.
Because Blogs are meant to be read by others, students can comment on each others Blog entries, whether they belong to an individual, the Course, or a Group. The Instructor determines if comments can be made anonymously or deleted.
NOTE: Anonymous comments are anonymous to the
instructor, too, so this option should not be used if you plan on
grading participation and commenting. The Instructor can delete any
user's comment by clicking the X. Comments cannot be edited after they
How to Comment on a Blog Entry
- On the Blogs listing page, select a Blog title.
- On the Blog's topic page, select a Blog to view by selecting the user's name in the side panel under View Entries By. The user's Blog entries open in the content frame.
- Click Comment following the user's entry. The Comment text box appears.
- Type a comment in the Comment text box.
- Click Spell Check at the bottom of the Comment text box to check the spelling of the content before continuing.
- If enabled, select the check box for Comment on Entry as Anonymous, if appropriate.
- Click Add.
- Click the Comments link below the entry to view the comment.