Illinois Compass 2g, Creating and Editing a Test or Survey
This page contains information on creating and editing tests and surveys in Illinois Compass 2g.
On This Page
- About the warning page
- Build test/survey and create new questions
- How to edit an exisiting test or survey
This topic describes how to build and edit a test or survey. Once a test or survey is built, questions are created or added from existing questions from tests, surveys, and pools.
A warning page appears if any students are in the process of taking the test or have already taken the test when Edit is selected. Certain areas of the test will not be available to edit if the test has already been taken by students.
If the instructor edits an test after a student has submitted it, the student will view the new, edited test when they view their grade and feedback. They will not view their original test attempt.
- From the left-hand navigation click and expand the "Course Tools" area and click the "Tests, Surveys, and Pools" link near the bottom of the list.
- Point to Build Content.
- Type a name, description, and instructions.
- Click Submit.
- Select a question type from the Create Question dropdown button on the Test Canvas.
- Type the necessary information to create a question and click Submit.
- On the Test Canvas, type the Point Value for the question.
- Repeat Step 4 through Step 6 until finished adding questions.
- Click Submit.
- Click Tests or Surveys on the Tests, Surveys, and Pools area on the Control Panel.
- Point to the Action Link for the Test or Survey to edit.
- Click Edit.
- Make changes to the Test or Survey.
- Click OK.