Illinois Compass 2g, Creating a Mashup Item using the Text Editor
This page contains information about creating Mashups using the text editor in Illinois Compass 2g courses.
The System Administrator can disable individual Mashups or all Mashups. If a Mashup is not available, contact the System Administrator to determine its status. Mashups are often disabled to comply with institutional rules that govern online teaching and learning.
Mashups are not available with a basic license.
- Navigate to the Course Files area of your course.
- Ensure Edit Mode is ON.
- Select a Content Item such as Discussion Topic from the Build drop down list.
- Type a Name for the Content Item.
- Click Add Mashup on the bottom row of Text Editor buttons.
- Select Flickr Photo, Slideshare Presentation, or YouTube Video.
- Search for content.
- Click Preview to examine the items.
- Click Select for the appropriate item.
- Change the Name of the item. This is a required field.
- Type a Description of the Mashup.
- Set the Mashup Options.
- Click Submit.
- Select from the following Options: Permit Users to View this Content,Track Number of Views, Select Date and Time Restrictions.
- Click Submit.
When finished, the Mashup appears in the folder or content area where it was created. If necessary, use the action link for the Mashup item to set Adaptive Release rules, add metadata, or track the number of views.
If the Mashup does not appear or displays an error after initially appearing, it is possible that the URL has changed or the item was deleted from Flickr, Slideshare, or YouTube.