UC, Lync 2013, Make, Receive, and Manage a Lync 2013 Video Call for Android
On this page, you can learn how to make, receive, and manage phone calls on Lync 2013 for Android.
Depending on how you set your VoIP call options, when you make or receive a video call it might use Wi-Fi or your cellular data plan. For more information, see Manage Wi-Fi for VoIP options.
Start a video call
To make a video call, tap Contacts icon, second icon from the left. Then find the person in your Contacts list, or tap the Search icon at the top and type their name in the search box. When you find the contact, tap their name, and then tap the Video icon to start a video call.
When you make a video call, you can use your front or back camera. If the person you’re calling doesn’t have a camera or chooses not to turn on their video, their video won’t be viewable but you can still hear them. The other person can still see your video even if they don’t turn on their video.
Swipe Accept to accept an incoming video call.
Tap the Video icon, and then do one of the following:
- Switch camera to switch from the front or back camera.
- Stop my video to turn off your video, but still see another person’s video.
- End video to end everyone’s’ video for you only, but audio is still available.
You can also tap the following icons, and do one of the following:
- Hold to put the call on hold, and then tap the Hold icon again to resume the call.
- Speaker to turn the speakerphone on and off.
- Dial pad to use the dial pad.
- Mute to mute and mute yourself.
- IM to view or send an IM to people in the call, and then tap the Phone icon to go back to the audio conversation screen.
- End to end the call.