UC, Lync 2013, Send and Receive an Instant Message with Lync 2013 for Android
On this page, you can learn how to send and receive instant messages on Lync 2013 for Android.
To search for a contact and send an IM to them, do the following:
- Tap the Contacts icon, second icon from the left, and then tap the Search icon at the top.
- Start typing their name, phone number or extension, or email address in the search box. The results are shown below the box.
- When you find the contact, tap their name, and on the contact card screen, tap the IM icon, and start typing your message.
To select a contact from your Contacts list to send an IM to, do the following:
- Tap the Contacts icon, second icon from the left, and then tap on the group that the person you’re looking for is in to expand the group.
- When you find the contact, tap their name and on the contact card screen, tap the IM icon, and start typing your message.
When someone sends you an instant message and you’re in signed in to Lync, a notification appears at the top of the screen. Do one of the following:
- To accept the invitation, slide down the notification tray, then tap the notification.
- To ignore the invitation just let the notification time out.
If you’re in more than one conversation at the same time, you can switch between conversations by doing one of the following:
- Tap the Conversations icon, third icon from the left, and then tap the conversation you want to reply to.
- If you’re in multiple conversations and get a new IM in one of the conversations, then you’ll see a notification in the Android Notification Tray. You can go to that conversation by tapping the notification.
To add audio or video to an existing IM conversation to a call, do the following:
- From the IM conversation, from the conversation screen, tap the Phone icon, and the number you want to call.
Depending on how you set your VoIP call options, when you make or receive an audio or video call it could use Wi-Fi or your cellular data plan. For more information, go to Manage Wi-Fi for VoIP options.
When you miss a conversation on your mobile, the Conversations tab will show the missed conversation.
- To view a missed or recent conversation, tap the Conversations icon, third icon from the left. A list of recent and missed conversations is displayed.
- Tap the conversation to reply. (To connect to the conversation you must reply by either sending an IM or starting an audio or video call.)
NOTE Conversations that were accepted on other Lync clients, but missed on your mobile device, won’t appear in the Conversations tab.
When you’re done with a conversation, do one of the following: