UC, Lync 2013, Get Started with Lync 2013 for iPad
On this page, you can learn how to get started using Lync 2013 for iPad.
Microsoft Lync 2013 for iPad is an app that brings Lync presence, instant messaging (IM), joining a conference and viewing shared meeting content, and voice and video capabilities to your mobile device. With Lync 2013 for iPad, you can choose from multiple ways to communicate with others, including IM, calling, or a video call using either Wi-Fi only, or your cellular data connection when you’re not connected to Wi-Fi.
You’ll need iPad 2 or newer mobile digital devices, with Apple iOS 6.0 or a later version to install Lync 2013 for the iPad.
Install the Lync 2013 app on your mobile device with a couple of steps.
- From your device, go to the App Store, and search for Microsoft Lync 2013 for iPad.
- Tap the Free button in the app, and then tap Install and enter your App Store Apple ID and password. As soon as the app is installed, it appears on your home screen.
To remove the Lync app from your device, do this:
- Touch and hold your finger on the Lync app icon.
- Release your finger when the icon starts to wiggle on the screen.
- Tap the X icon that appears in the upper-left corner of the Lync icon. A prompt appears on your screen, informing you that deleting “Lync” will also delete all its data. Tap Delete.
- When the app disappears, press the Home button.
If you have a cellular data plan, or your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, signing in is quick. Just start the Lync app, and on the sign-in screen, enter your credentials and tap Sign In. To sign in, enter email@example.com (or, if you are an AITS employee, use firstname.lastname@example.org) and your AD password.
For more information, see Help Signing In?
In some instances a user name should be provided in the Advanced Options. If you haven’t used Lync on your desktop computer and this is the first time you’re using it, you need to have a Lync account created and a sign-in address. If you don’t know this information, contact the Technology Services Help Desk. You cannot create a new Lync account from the Lync app for iPad
- To sign out of Lync, from the My Info tab, tap Sign Out.