UC, Lync 2013, Make, Receive, and Manage a Video Call with Lync 2013 for iPad
On this page, you can learn how to make face-to-face video calls with Lync 2013 for iPad.
If you have a campus Lync Account with a phone number, you can make face-to-face video calls with your contacts.
To make a video call, from the left, tap the second icon to get to the Contacts screen. Find the person in your Contacts list or type their name in the search box. When you find the contact, tap their name, and then tap the Video icon to start a video call.
When you make a video call, you can use either your front or back camera. If the person you’re calling doesn’t have a camera or decides not to turn on their video, you won’t be able to view their video but you can still hear them. The other person can still see your video even if they don’t turn on their video.
Tap Accept to accept an incoming video call.
When you’re in video call, tap the Video icon, and then tap one of the following:
- Switch Camera to switch from the front or back iPad camera.
- My Camera Off to turn off your video, but you can still view other people’s video.
- Leave Video to end everyone’s video for you only, but you’ll still have audio.
You can also do this:
- Tap the Mute icon on the upper right to mute and mute yourself.
- Tap the Hold icon to put the call on hold and tap Hold again to resume the call.
- Tap the Dial pad icon to use the dial pad.
- Tap the Speaker icon to switch between your audio devices.
- Tap the red Phone icon to end only the call.
- Tap the More icon, and then tap End Conversation to end the entire conversation.
- Tap the gray bar at the bottom to bring more options to the top, such as send an IM, escalate to a video call, and see the participants list.
- Tap the arrow icon on the upper left to restore down or maximize the conversation screen.