UC, Lync 2013, Need Help Signing In to Lync 2013 for iPhone?
On this page, you can find the answers to some frequently asked questions about signing into Lync 2013 for iPhone.
The Lync 2013 App for iPhone is communication software that you can use for IM, voice and video calls, collaboration, and more. If you’re not part of an organization that uses Lync, you won’t be able to use the Lync 2013 app.
How do I sign-in for the first time?
Use these settings to configure your device when you sign into Lync for the first time:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com for AITS employees)
- User Name: UOFI\yournetid
- Password: your AD password
- Check "save password" (so that you won't need to re-authenticate whenever you change networks)
If you’re behind an authenticated proxy, you’ll need to provide proxy authentication information, as follows:
- From the Sign-in screen, tap Show Advanced Options, the icon on the bottom left
- Tap HTTP Proxy to enter your proxy settings.
If you can’t sign in, you may need to manually specify the auto-discovery server.
If you’ve installed the Lync 2013 app on your mobile device but are trying to sign in to Lync Server 2010, uninstall the Lync 2013 app and install the Lync 2010 app. To install the Lync 2010 app, do the following:
- From your iPhone, go to the App Store, and search for Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone.
- Tap the Free button in the app, and then tap Install and enter your App Store Apple ID and password. As soon as the app is installed, it appears on your home screen.
Once you’re signed in you’ll remain signed in while as long as there is connectivity. If connectivity is lost for 30 or more minutes, you’ll be signed out. If you have connectivity but haven’t used the application for 10 days, you’ll be signed out.
This is not recommended. If you install both apps, you’ll receive double alerts for incoming calls and IMs. If you’re on February 2013 Cumulative Update for Lync Server 2013 or later, and you’re able to sign in Lync 2013 for iPhone, you need to uninstall Lync 2010 for iPhone app.