UC, Lync 2013, Need Help Signing In to Lync 2013 for Windows Phone?
On this page, you can find the answers to some frequently asked questions about signing into Lync 2013 for Windows Phone.
What do you want to do?
The Lync 2013 App for Windows Phone is communication software that you can use for IM, voice and video calls, collaboration, and more. If you’re not part of an organization that uses Lync, you won’t be able to use the Lync 2013 app.
How do I sign-in for the first time?
Use these settings to configure your device when you sign into Lync for the first time:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com for AITS employees)
- User Name: UOFI\yournetid
- Password: your AD password
- Check "save password" (so that you won't need to re-authenticate whenever you change networks)
If you’re behind an authenticated proxy, you’ll need to provide proxy authentication information, as follows:
- From the Sign-in screen, tap Show Advanced Options, the icon on the bottom left
- Tap HTTP Proxy to enter your proxy settings.
If you can’t sign in, you may need to manually specify the auto-discovery server.
If you’ve installed the Lync 2013 app on your mobile device but are trying to sign in to the Lync 2010 Server, uninstall the Lync 2013 app and install the Lync 2010 app. To install the Lync 2010 app, do the following:
- From your Windows Phone, go to the Store, and search for Microsoft Lync 2010.
- Tap the install button. As soon as the app is installed, it appears on your phone.
Once you’re signed in you’ll remain signed in as long as there is connectivity. If you have connectivity but haven’t used the application for 10 days, you’ll be signed out.