UC, Lync 2013, Send and Receive an IM with Lync 2013 for Windows Phone
On this page, you can learn how to send and receive an instant message using Lync 2013 for Windows Phone.
From Lync, you can send and receive instant messages (IMs) with other contacts. You can also add audio or video to an existing IM conversation.
To search for a contact and then send an IM to them, do the following:
- From the Contacts screen, tap the Search icon at the bottom and start typing a contact’s name in the search box. The results are shown below the box.
- When you find the contact you’re looking for, tap their name, tap the IM icon, and then start typing your message.
To select a contact from your Contacts list to send an IM to, do the following:
- From the Contacts screen, tap on the group that the person you’re looking for is in to expand the group.
- When you find the contact, tap their name, tap the IM icon, and start typing your message.
When someone sends you an instant message and you’re in Lync, a notification appears at the top of the screen. To accept the invitation, tap the notification.
If you receive an instant message while your phone is locked or Lync is running in the background, a native Window Phone notification appears indicating you have a new IM. Do one of the following:
- To accept the invitation, tap the notification.
- To ignore the invitation just let the notification time out.
To switch between conversations do this:
- At the bottom, tap the More (…) icon, and then tap view conversations. From the conversions screen, tap the conversation you want to reply to.
To add audio or video to an existing IM conversation, from the IM conversation, tap the Call or Video icon on the app bar.
Depending on how you set your VoIP call options, when you make or
receive an audio or video call it could use Wi-Fi or your cellular data
For more information, see Manage Wi-Fi for VoIP options.
When you miss a conversation on your mobile, the conversations screen will show the missed conversation.
- To view a missed or recent conversation, go to the conversations screen. A list of recent and missed conversation is displayed.
- Tap the conversation to reply. (To connect to the conversation, you must reply by either sending an IM or starting an audio or video call.)
NOTE: Conversations that were accepted on other Lync clients, but missed on your mobile device, don’t appear in the conversations screen.
To delete a conversation from the conversations screen, tap and hold the conversation you want to delete, and then when you see the menu options, tap delete conversation.
Ignore a notification
To ignore a notification, swipe to dismiss it.