UC, Lync 2013 Recording Manager
On this page, you can learn how to manage your recorded meetings and play them back using Lync 2013.
Use the Lync Recording Manager to play your recordings, browse to the location you saved them, or publish with selected options for others to view. You can also rename or delete your recordings.
NOTE: You cannot initiate or save a recording on Lync for Mac (2011).
WARNING: If you initiate a recording from Lync for Windows (2010), your Lync for Mac users will not see a "Recording" warning. If you choose to record a meeting or conversation using Lync, be sure to verbally inform all users that you are doing so.
Manage your recordings
- To access the Recording Manager, click Tools on the main Lync window and then click Recording Manager. You can also open the Recording Manager from inside a meeting.
- Highlight a recording and do one of the following:
- To play the recording click Play. The video opens in Windows Media Player or Zune if you have them installed.
- Click Browse to go to the location of the recording. You can move the video or send to others to view.
- Click Rename and type a new name in the highlighted area.
- Click Delete to permanently remove the recording from your computer, (it won’t be sent to the Recycle Bin).
- Publish lets you rename the recording and save it to a different location. You can also click Options and select the type of the content you want to include in the recording, such as IM, or video.
For more information, see Lync Recording Save and Publish.
For information about how to record a meeting, see Record and Play Back a Lync Meeting.