UC, Lync 2013, Share Your Desktop or Programs in a Lync 2013 Meeting
On this page, you can learn how to share your desktop or one or more programs during an online meeting in Lync 2013.
You can show your entire desktop, or just one or many programs to everyone in a Lync Meeting.
- Share your desktop when you have to switch between programs, or work on documents from different programs.
- Share a program when you want to present specific programs or documents, and you don’t want people to see anything else on your computer.
- In the meeting window, pause on the presentation (monitor) icon, and make sure that you’re on the Present tab. Then do one of the following:
- Click Desktop to share the content on your desktop.
- Click Program, and select the programs or documents you want to share.
- Your Lync status changes to Presenting, and you won’t receive instant messages or calls.
- Use the sharing toolbar at the top of the screen to stop sharing, or give control to participants.
- To see a preview of what your audience sees, pause on the presentation icon again and click Show Stage. Then, click Hide Preview to close the stage.
- When you’ve finished presenting, on the toolbar click Stop Presenting.
IMPORTANT: When you share your desktop, everyone in the meeting can see your programs, documents, and notifications. If you have confidential information or documents that you don’t want people to see, close them or use program sharing instead.
Share primary, secondary or all monitors
If you have more than one monitor, they all display under the Present tab, and you can choose which one to share.
Give and take control of a sharing session
If you want another meeting participant to change a document, help you present, or demonstrate something, you can grant control to that person. You’ll both be in control of the sharing and you can take back control at any time.
- On the sharing toolbar, click Give Control.
- Select the name of the person you want to give control to.
Lync sends a notification to that person to let them know you’re sharing control.
- To take back control, click Give Control on the sharing toolbar again, and then click Take Back Control.
TIP: You can enable people to automatically take control of your sharing session at any time, by clicking Give Control Automatically on the sharing toolbar. We recommend that you select this option only in small and casual meetings.
To take back automatic permission, click Give Control on the sharing toolbar, and clear Give Control Automatically.