ICS, Adding an ICS Printer in OS X 10.5 and later
This page contains information about adding a printer definition in OS X 10.5 and later in order to print to an ICS printer from a remote location.
Using Internet Printing Protocol, users can connect to ICS printers from OS X 10.5 and later.
2. Open the Dell_5130cdn_Installer.dmg and run the "Dell 5130cdn Installer."
3. Once the Dell 5130cdn driver has been installed, or if you're printing to a printer that's not in the ICS Labs, open the System Preferences and then choose Print & Fax
4. Click the + button at the bottom of the Print & Fax window to add a new printer
5. For Protocol choose "Internet Printing Protocol."
6. For Address, it depends on which printer you wish to print to. See the tables below for details about how to identify a particular printer.
In the Print Using: field, choose Select Printer Software, then select the correct printer driver for the printer you wish to print to. See tables below.
You may fill in Name and Location however you wish. These two fields are optional.
ICS Lab Printers
In the Address field use printing1.ics.uiuc.edu, and for the Queue field, start with /ipp/ and follow it with a name specific to each printer. For example, to print to the Oregon Computing Lab Black & White printer, you would enter:
Site Queue name (Black & White) (Color) English Site - (room 8) eng-bill eng-color-bill Nevada Site - 1203 1/2 Nevada nev-bill nev-color-bill Oregon Site - 901 W. Oregon or-bill or-color-bill Undergrad Library ug-bill ug-color-bill Illini Union Site un-bill un-color-bill Wohler's Hall Site (room 70B) wh-bill wh-color-bill
In the Address field (only MBA students have permissions to release a job on this printer) use printing1.ics.illinois.edu, and for the Queue field, start with /ipp/ and follow it with a name specific to each printer. For example, to print to the Business Instructional Facility Black & White printer, you would enter:
Site Printer Name (Black & White) (Color) Business Instructional Facility (MBA) bif-bill None
In the Address field use printing2.ics.uiuc.edu, and for the Queue field, start with /ipp/ and follow it with a name specific to each printer. For example, to print to the Allen Hall Black & White printer, you would enter:
Site Printer Name (Black & White) (Color) Allen Hall aln-bill aln-color-bill Busey-Evans Hall beh-bill None Clark Hall clk-bill None Daniels Residence Hall dan-bill None Florida Avenue Residence Hall far-bill far-color-bill Forbes Hall for-bill None Garner Hall gar-bill None Goodwin-Green Apartments gng-bill None Hopkins Hall hop-bill None Ikenberry Commons ike-bill ike-color Illinois Street Residence Hall isr-bill isr-color-bill Lincoln Avenue Residence Hall lar-bill lar-color-bill Orchard Downs Apartments orc-bill None Pennsylvania Avenue Residence Hall par-bill par-color-bill Scott Hall sct-bill None Sherman Residence Hall shm-bill shm-color-bill Snyder Hall sny-bill None Trelease Hall tre-bill None Taft-Van Doren Hall tvd-bill None Weston Hall wsh-bill None
For the Print Using field, choose Select Printer Software... and then choose the appropriate driver for the printer you wish to print to.
- Black & White: HP LaserJet P3005
- Black & White: HP LaserJet 4250 PCL6
- Color: HP Color Laserjet 4650
ICS Lab Printers
- Black & White -or- Color: Dell 5130cdn Color Laser
7. When you've entered the appropriate info for your printer, click Add to add the printer. Now you're ready to print.
If there was a problem, please send an email to email@example.com.