BDM Xtender Solutions FAQ
Frequently Asked questions for Xtender
Banner Xtender Solutions FAQ
BDM-Xtender 7 Interactive Viewer ActiveX Control Links
BDM-Xtender 7 SP1 Interactive Viewer ActiveX Control Links - is the most current version, as of May 2015. The software comes as an ActiveX control. The viewer must be installed by a user who has administrator privileges. Otherwise, the installation will not be successful. Users may upgrade at any time the new Interactive Viewer is compatible with the current production tools.
The following MSI needs to be installed at all workstations:
Install the following desktop components:
- IRCviewer (for viewing documents)
- Component Check (to determine what BDM/Xtender components are loaded)
- Adobe PDF 11.0 component (to view all PDF images within BDM/Xtender)
- KeyView Component 10.16 (needed for rendering some foreign files, including MS-Office 2007 & 2010 Open XML format documents)
- Scanning Component 7.0 (required for interactive control for importing objects into batches or for those with direct connections to scanners).
Instructions for MSI and Component Installation or Removal
MSI and Component Installation
NOTE: Internet Explorer ‘IE’ is still the only supported browser, although other browsers do work to a varying degree. If you run into difficulty, please try the IE to see if it resolves your issues.
Microsoft Word 2010 or 2013 (latest version with latest service packs applied) is required to support Mail Merge reports.
Workstation recommendation and frequently asked questions
Direct any questions and/or report problems regarding the BXS install procedure to the AITS Service Desk at (312) 996-4806, (217) 333-3102 (UIS/UIUC).