ViewDirect / DocumentDirect for the Internet Print Plugin
Print Plugin Troubleshooting document.
- Installation Instructions
- Adobe Security Warning Message
- Return to the main ViewDirect/DocumentDirect page
Use this checklist to make sure that:
- Your computer meets the ViewDirect system requirements
- You have local administrative privileges on your workstation if you are printing for the very first time. Note that you do not need to be a local administrator to use ViewDirect, only to install the print plugin.
- If you are using Internet Explorer, these security settings should be enabled:
- Active scripting
- Run ActiveX controls and plugins
- Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe
- Log into ViewDirect/DocumentDirect
- Access a report
- Click the "Print" or "Print Current Page" icon in the DocumentDirect toolbar
- Depending on your Internet Explorer security settings, you may see one or more messages:
Click the yellow area above. This message is often followed by an Internet Explorer security warning:
Click "Install" to complete installation of the plug-in.
- The print plugin is installed successfully when you see the print dialog box:
Adobe Security Warning Message
When printing a PDF report, the following message may appear:
WARNING! A script has requested to print an Acrobat file. This could print an entire document. Do you want to proceed printing?
Check the box next to "Do not show this message again" and click "Yes." DocumentDirect will appear to print but you may not receive any output from your printer.
If you do not receive a printed report, simply try printing again. The security warning should not appear and printing should resume normally.
If you encounter any problems using ViewDirect, particularly if you see a message such as this one:
For further assistance on these issues, contact your network administrator. For any issues not covered here, contact the AITS Service Desk.