Networking, Wireless, Setup IllinoisNet using IllinoisNet_Guest on Windows
IllinoisNet_Guest is used to configure your computer to IllinoisNet
IllinoisNet_Guest is used to configure your laptop, phone, or tablet to IllinoisNet. Once you have successfully completed the configuration steps, you no longer need to use IllinoisNet_Guest. You will be able to connect to IllinoisNet directly
- Go to wireless settings and connect to the IllinoisNet_Guest SSID
- Open a web browser and attempt to open illinois.edu. This should redirect you to a captive portal.
- Log in with your NetID, then click Login
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the configuration tool (Setup Illinois net)
- Run the downloaded installer and a new window will open
- Enter your NetID and password, then click Next
- The installer should show a progress bar followed by a successful installation message. Click the Connect button.
- Once connected, you should see a message indicating wireless connection successful, and the wireless settings will show your SSID has changed to IllinoisNet.
If these steps are not successful, the manual configuration is available at Networking, Wireless, How to manually set up IllinoisNet on the Windows 7, 8, or 10