Networking, Wireless, Setup IllinoisNet using IllinoisNet_Guest on Android
This page provides instructions for using IllinoisNet_Guest to connect to IllinoisNet on an Android device
IllinoisNet_Guest is used to configure your laptop, phone, or tablet to IllinoisNet. Once you have successfully completed the configuration steps, you no longer need to use IllinoisNet_Guest. You will be able to connect to IllinoisNet directly.
Note: Android 6.0.1 owners will have to use Firefox (or another browser), Chrome won't work for installation
- Go to wireless settings and join the IllinoisNet_Guest SSID
- Wait for a webpage to automatically appear. If one does not appear, open a browser and attempt to open illinois.edu. You should see the captive portal. Log in with your NetID password.
- Following the on-screen instructions first download the "Android Configurator App by Aruba Network" in the Google Play Store. The link will automatically take you there. When that finishes, go back to your browsers and click on "Configure IllinoisNet"
If your device does not automatically load this page, it can be reached at https://go.illinois.edu/illinoisnetsetup
- Follow the on screen instructions and you will be prompted to enter credentials a second time
- Once you enter your credentials, the application will open and build your wireless profile, and you will be connected to IllinoisNet.
- IMPORTANT: after IllinoisNet is set up, you must manually "forget" the IllinoisNet_Guest wireless network.
If you find yourself stuck on IllinoisNet_Guest, you can start over by going to http://go.illinois.edu/setupwireless in your phone's browser (no need to download the app again).
Once successfully configured, you no longer need the app.
If you continue to have trouble with the above, you can try setting up IllinoisNet manually: Networking, Wireless, How to manually set up IllinoisNet on the Android OS