Networking, Wireless, IllinoisNet_Guest, How to register your device for IllinoisNet_Guest
This page contains instructions for registering your device to connect to IllinoisNet_Guest.
- From a system already connected to the internet, go to http://go.illinois.edu/illinoisnetdevices and log in with your NetID and password.
- Navigate to "Add Devices". All
campus faculty, staff and students are allowed to create and register up to 10
concurrent devices. Devices to be registered are those such
as Chromecasts, Amazon TVs, Gaming Devices, or any other device that cannot join the IllinoisNet
- Enter the device's MAC address. If you can't find your MAC address of the device try one of these KB articles! Still can't find it? Please contact your IT professional or the Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you.
- Decide if you need to enable “Airgroup”, it is not a required setting.
- Airgroup is a function of the wireless system that will allow your device to be used or accessed by you and optionally other users. For instance, an Apple TV is able to be found using AirPlay if Airgroup is enabled.
- By default, if you register a device, it will only be visible by you. If you register your device, enable “Airgroup”, and input the NetIDs of the users you wish to share it with, then those users will be able to see your device and use it. Airgroup will provide this functionality for Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Roku and Amazon Fire.
- If you enable Airgroup, input your NetID and your friends' NetIDs. If you have a device that will be used in a classroom setting, please contact your IT professionals for special instructions.
- Select when to activate this account.
- Accept terms and conditions.
- Click Create. This device will be registered in the system for 1 year. After 1 year, you will need to extend its expiration date or re-register it.
- Remember: This device MUST join IllinoisNet_Guest.
- If you wish to update any settings later on, you can edit the device via the "Manage Device" link.