Lync, Algo 8180, Gateway Software,Installing and Configuring
How do I install the Algo Lync Gateway Software or the Algo 8180?
Installing and Configuring the Algo Lync Gateway Software
1. Download the latest version of the Algo Lync Gateway software from here: https://uofi.box.com/s/0tr2x8p14cv6gv1uyeml.
2. Uninstall any previous installations of the Algo Lync Gateway software.
3. Install the Algo Lync Gateway as an administrator. You will receive the error below if you don’t run the installation as an administrator.
4. After the installation completes, stop the Windows service called “Algo Lync Gateway.”
5. Open Notepad as an administrator and edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Algo\Algo Alerter Lync Gateway\input.config so that it only has the lines shown below and has been correctly configured with your role-based account information. Save the file to update input.config with your changes. You will receive an error if you don’t run Notepad as an administrator.
Figure 1: Algo Lync Gateway application settings
6. Start the Windows service called “Algo Lync Gateway.”
Figure 2: Algo Lync Gateway Windows service
Installing and Configuring the Algo 8180
1. You will need the IP address of the Algo 8180. It is recommended to add a DHCP reservation for the Algo 8180’s MAC address to make the next steps easier.
2. Connect the Ethernet cable to the Algo 8180 and the network jack after ensuring that the network jack is active and assigned to the correct network. If you have PoE on this network jack, there is no need for supplemental power. If PoE is not available, you will need a PoE injector which installs between the 8180 and network switch. The PoE injector will supply 48 Vdc to the 8180. Most PoE injectors are capable of providing more power than the 8180 requires (12.95 W). Ensure that the PoE injector is fully compliant to the IEEE 802.3af standard.
3. Allow the device a minute or so to fully boot up and then browse to the IP address of the Algo 8180 that you determined in step 1.
4. Log in to the web interface using the IP address of the Algo 8180.
5. Navigate to Basic Settings à SIP.
1. Set the proxy server to match the IP address of the computer running the Windows “Algo Lync Gateway” service. After the IP address, add a colon and the port number 5070. There should be no spaces.
2. Enter the dedicated Skype for Business (Lync) role-based account name that you created.
3. Enter the SIP address of the dedicated Skype for Business (Lync) role-based account that you created.
4. Enter the password of the dedicated Skype for Business (Lync) role-based account that you created.
5. Save your changes.
6. Reboot the Algo 8180 by following the on screen prompts or by unplugging the device for 5 seconds and plugging it back in.
Figure 3: Algo 8180 Web configuration
Additional Configuration Options
View the Algo 8180 User Guide for additional configuration options such as selecting a ringtone and changing the ringer’s volume.
Configuring Skype for Business (Lync) to Use the Algo 8180 Loud Ringer
In order for the loud ringer to work, you need to log in to Skype for Business (Lync) to make some configuration changes. The examples below are using the Skype for Business (Lync) client for Windows.
1. While logged in to Skype for Business (Lync), click the Options button.
2. Select the Call Forwarding section and select Simultaneously Ring: My Team-Call Group. If you haven’t edited your team-call group members yet, that window will pop up. Otherwise, click Edit my team-call group members.
Figure 4: Skype for Business (Lync) Call Forwarding settings
3. Click Add… and search for the Skype for Business (Lync) role-based account that you created for the Algo 8180 Loud Ringer. Add this account to your team-call group and click OK.
Figure 5: Skype for Business (Lync) Team-Call Group settings
Testing and Support
Call your Skype for Business (Lync) phone number from another device (e.g. cell phone). Your Skype for Business (Lync) device and the Algo 8180 should ring simultaneously. If not, please ensure that the Windows service for the Algo Gateway is started and that all of your settings are correct. This device is supported by the manufacturer, Algo Communication Solutions. Their support information is located here: http://www.algosolutions.com/support/support.html. For Skype for Business (Lync) support, please contact the Tech Services Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-244-7000. Additional support information is available here: http://techservices.illinois.edu/get-help.
Additional Installation Options
If the Algo 8180 needs a new network connection, needs to be wall-mounted, or housed in a waterproof container, please submit a Tech Services Service Request (CSR) using the Pinnacle web portal. If you have worked with someone at Tech Services on this project, please list him/her as the contact. This will help CIMS (installers) know whom to contact if they have questions.