WebStore, Is the WebStore License server down?
The typical reasons for receiving a licensing error are:
- The computer name has not been registered or registered correctly.
- The license has not been renewed, and access has been removed
- The client's computer is off-campus and is not connected to the VPN.
You must connect to the UIUC, UIC or UIS VPN service to install or run some software from off-campus or wireless networks. Please visit the appropriate campus VPN link above for instructions on how to install/configure and connect to the VPN. If available, when you connect, choose the Tunnel All group above the username field.
The software list requiring the VPN at this time is:
- ANSYS Mechanical & Electromagnetic
- ESRI ArcGIS Software (network installs)
- Google SketchUp Pro
- Igor Pro
- LabVIEW Instructional
- Mathematica (network installs)
- MATLAB (concurrent license)
- Microsoft Activation (Windows and Office)
- OriginPro (network installs)
- PTC Creo (Pro/ENGINEER)
- SPSS, Amos, Modeler (network/concurrent installs)
- SolidWorks Education Edition (network installs)
- SolidWorks Professional Administration and Research
If you are connected to the VPN correctly and are still receiving this error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your computer and your external IP address.
WebStore does routine maintenance on Mondays between 7 and 8 am. You can check if there is an ongoing problem with a WebStore license manager here.