Skype for Business, Setting or Changing your Away Greeting
How do I set or change my away message for Lync or Skype for Business?
Setting or Changing Your Away Greeting
From a Windows Lync client
- Click on the Phone tab
- Click on the Display Voice Mail Options (gear) icon
- Select Change Greetings from the menu
- You will hear, "This is your current personal greeting..." but you can interrupt this by pressing the star (*) key
- You will hear, "Main menu..."
- Press 2
- If you haven't set an away message, you'll hear, "You haven't recorded a greeting for when you're on vacation..."
- Press 1 and follow the prompts to record, accept,
and/or return to the default away greeting
If you are hearing the "wrong" greeting, or a default greeting when you expected a self-recorded message, first check in OWA to make sure the proper greeting (default vs. away) radio button is checked. Also, double-check that each of the messages has been recorded per your wishes. Also, greetings recorded on your Centrex line will not carry over to Lync.
What if I don't have a Windows Lync Client to make these changes?
If you have a Mac Lync client you can access these options by doing the following:
- Log in to OWA at https://webmail.illinois.edu
- Click on Options, then select See All Options
- Click on the Phone "tab" on the left-hand side of the screen, and make sure the Voice Mail "tab" is selected along the top of the screen
- Find the section for Greetings and click on the link "Call me to play or record the selected greeting..."
- Press the Dial button
- Your Lync client will start ringing with a call from you. Accept it and then follow the prompts per the directions above