Office 365, Office Upgrade Installation
Removal of old Office versions may not be necessary to install the latest version of Office from the My Software page on Office 365 - especially if the previous version was an install from Office 365 - however it is generally best practice to remove all previous versions of Office before a new install.
Upgrading Office software - does it require removal of old Office software?
Additionally, you may need to deactivate the previous version on the Install Status page of the Office 365 site before beginning a new install. You can find the list of previous installations by
- logging into the Office 365 portal,
- clicking on your initials or image in the upper right corner,
- clicking on the My Account link,
- clicking on the My Installs link,
- and clicking the drop-down arrow to get the list of devices Office has been installed on.