Business Objects - Solution to the Session Creation/Standalone Error When Trying to Start Webi Rich Client
Customers may receive a Standalone message or Java error after installing Web Intelligence Rich Client 4.1 on their computer.
After installing Web Intelligence Rich Client 4.1 on a customer's machine, the user tries to start Web Intelligence Rich Client for the first time from EDDIE. This could produce a "Session Creation" error. If the user tries to start Web Intelligence Rich Client from the desktop the only system available is "Standalone."
When Web Intelligence Rich Client is started from the first time from EDDIE, the My SAP Business Objects Documents folder is created under the My Documents folder. This folder contains the license key and system definitions. For some reason, this folder is not created for these customers.
The attached documents lists the steps for copying the My SAP Business Objects folder from the zip file to the customer's My Documents folder.
1. Save the zip file (My SAP BusinessObjects Documents.zip) to any location.
2. Double-click the zip file. You will see the My SAP BusinessObjects Documents folder.
3. Right-click the folder and select Copy.
4. Expand the Documents library to show the My Documents folder.
5. Right-click the My Documents folder.
6. Select Paste to place the
My SAP BusinessObjects Documents folder inside the My Documents folder. (You can also locate the folder in the C drive under Users\Your NetID\My documents\My SAP BusinessObjects Documents).
7. Start Webi Rich Client from the desktop. From your start menu go to: All Programs\SAP Business Intelligence\SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence. You will see SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence icon with the blue swoosh and red ball. Click on this and logon.