Off Campus Licensing for Webstore Applications
The following directions are for obtaining licensing for applications that receive license through the University of Illinois Webstore. A couple of these applications are ArcGIS, and MatLab. This process only needs to occur when you are not working on the University of Illinois Springfield campus network.
- To Begin open the Network and Sharing center by clicking Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, in Adjust your computer’s settings, when View by is set to Category, click Network and Internet, and then click Network and Sharing Center.
- In Control Panel, in Adjust your computer’s settings, when View by is set to either Large icons or Small icons, click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Network and Sharing Center select the option Setup a new connection or network under Change your network settings
- This will open a new Set Up a Connection or Network window, where you will select the Connect to workplace option
- Next in the Connect to a Workplace window choose the Use my internet conncetion (VPN) option
- In the next screen you will need to type in uislicensing.uis.edu in the Internet Address field and type UISLicensing in the Destination Name field
- Now you will need to type your NetID in the User name field, type your password int the Password field, and type UISAD in the Domain field, then click Connect
- After click on Connect you will be returned to the Network and Sharing Center where you should now see a second connection that connect to uiscore.uis.edu
- To ensure that you will still be able to access the Internet you will need to click on the name of the next to Connection in the Network and Sharing Center then in the Connection Status window click Properties
- Once the Properties window opens click on the Networking tab at the top of the window then double click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 option
- In the Internet Protocol Version 4 Properties window click the Advanced button
- In the Advanced TCP/IP Settings window uncheck the Use default gateway on remote network option then click OK to close out of each of the windows that are open and return to the Network and Sharing Center
- After all of the windows are closed next you will need to download and run the batch file which will set the appropriate routes for licensing the software Running this batch file must be done each time you use this VPN connection.