Kaltura, Media ownership and changing owners
Media ownership, changing owners and who can upload
Can someone else upload media for me?
It is suggested that you upload your own media; however, users can now
change media ownership through Media Space.
How to change media ownership
- Navigate to your 'My Media' page. You will see your media
arranged in a list. On the right side of the page, each entry will
have an 'Edit' button. Select this to edit the media.
also find an edit button on any of page where you can view media that
you own. It will be below the video on the right, in the 'Actions'
- Select the 'Collaboration' tab.
- In the "Media Owner" section, click the 'Change Media Owner'
- Enter the netID of the user to whom you wish to transfer full
- Click 'Save' to change the owner and remove the media from
your 'My Media' page.
What if someone leaves our unit or the university and they own
While end users cannot change ownership themselves, Illinois Media
Space admins can change ownership in these cases as well as extended
absences. It is easiest if the individual leaving can contact us, but
we know this is not always possible. All you need to do is contact Technology Services with the situation, the videos to
change, and a new owner.