Kaltura, Recording webcam video
Recording webcam video and uploading
How to record a webcam video
- In the upper right corner of the page, select the 'Add New' drop-down list, and choose 'Webcam Recording', to open the recording page.
- An Adobe Flash Player Settings dialog box may open requesting access to your camera. Click 'Allow' to let the recorder use your computer's camera for recording. You should then see your camera's video feed in the center of the recording widget.
- Use the 'Record' button overlaid on the video screen to begin recording your video.
- To stop recording, click anywhere on the video. When stopped you will be able to play back your video or re-record it with the Play and Record buttons.
- When you are finished recording, click the 'Save' button to upload your recording and begin adding metadata to your video.
- Enter the metadata for your recording. There are the following
- The name of the media being uploaded.
- This is a required field and is by default the filename of the media being uploaded.
- This is displayed below the media or on the player info pane.
- This is a required field for publishing and/or adding the media to a playlist.
- These are used to help describe your media and are used as keywords when searching for media.
- Multiple tags can be separated by commas or new lines.
- Date of Creation
- Allows the actual date of creation to be added to the metadata.
- Video Credits
- Allows you to enter the names and title of those who worked on the video.
- Contributors and team members
- Allows you to enter the names of the team members or others who helped put together the project.
- This field is ideal for adding student team member names to class projects.
- Custom Link Name
- This is the name for a custom link that will be displayed on the upper right of the player.
- For instance, units can use this link to direct viewers to their website.
- Custom Link URL
- This needs to be a full url (including http:// or https://) to the page you would like the link to point.
- When you have finished editing details, click the 'Save' button.
- Once the media has uploaded and you have given it at least a title and description, you can publish it to a channel or gallery that you have permission to publish to or keep the media private or unlisted using the radio buttons below the metadata.
You may continue uploading more files by clicking the '+ Choose another
file' button and repeating steps 2–3 above.
Please note that at this point you may not be able to view your media and you may see the message: This media is still being converted. An e-mail notification will be sent. This is completely normal. Your media will continue to process even if you navigate away from Illinois Media Space.