Kaltura, Add a Caption file
Adding a caption file (created outside of Kaltura) to a video
- Navigate to your 'My Media' page. You will see your media arranged in a list. On the right side of the page, each entry will have an 'Edit' button. Select this to edit the media.
- You will also find an edit button on any of page where you can view media that you own. It will be below the video on the right, in the 'Actions' drop-down menu.
- On the edit page, choose the 'Captions' tab to navigate to the captions menu.
- Click the 'Upload caption file' button to bring up the caption uploader.
- Click 'Browse' to find the caption file on your computer's file system. This will need to be a caption file in SRT or DXFP format.
- Select the 'Language' from the drop down, this should be actual language the captions are in
- Give the caption a label. This will be the displayed name for the captions, so for example it is best to label Spanish captions "Español".
- Click the 'Save' button to save your captions file to Illinois Media Space.