Technology Services, Paying For Printing

There are two ways to pay for your printing documents at locations using the Technology Services Printing service (Housing computer labs; Technology Services computer labs; Illini Union CLASS lab; Bruce Nesbitt African American Cultural Center; Labor and Employment Relations; Education Printing Services; University Library; College of Media; ACES; ATLAS; and the McKinley kiosk).

Your payment choices are:

  • Bill Me Now (Illini Cash): print jobs will be immediately deducted from your Illini Cash account. This account is the same iCard account you would use at the student cafes or vending machines, but is a different account than your meal plan used at Housing Dining Services. You cannot use your Housing meal plan credits for printing. If you do not have enough funds in your Illini Cash then your print jobs will be denied until you add more credits. You can add credits at
  • Bill Me Later (Banner): at the end of the month or after the end of the semester you will receive a bill through Banner for your printed jobs. You access your bill by logging into UI-Integrate Self-Service, going to the “Account Billing Information” tab, then the “Student Account” link, and then “View Account”, “Make Payment”, or one of the other account options. If you print more than $5 during the semester then the bill will be sent at the end of the month. If you print less than $5 during the semester then the bill is sent after the semester is over.
The default way to pay for print jobs is to bill them now (Illini Cash). If you do not choose a billing method then your jobs will be billed now.

How do I select a billing method?

You will be asked which billing method you’d like to use the first time you print from a Technology Services, Housing, or Illini Union computer lab workstation. After you send your job to the printer you will see a dialog that offers you a choice of “Bill Me Now” or “Bill Me Later”. Once you’ve printed or canceled your document the choice will be remembered.

You can remember your billing choice for 1 month, 4 months, or be asked each time you print.

If you print using Web Print or from your personal computer then you will not be offered a choice of billing methods. If you’ve previously made a choice then that is how your document will be billed, otherwise you will be billed now.

Can I change the billing method for documents I’ve already printed?

No, after a document has been printed its billing method cannot be changed. Your choice of billing method only applies to future documents.

How can I check how a document was billed?

Log in to and go to “Transaction History”. This will show you a list of your most recent printing transactions. The “Account” column tells you how the document was billed:
  • Default: the document will be billed later through Banner.
  • External: the document was billed using Illini Cash when it was printed.

Who can use Illini Cash for printing?

At this time we have only enabled the new billing method for University of Illinois students. Faculty and staff will continue to receive their bill through Banner.

How do I change my billing choice?

You can change your billing choice at a Technology Services, Housing, or Illini Union computer lab. Log in to a Windows workstation, go to “Start” and find the “Change Default Print Billing Option” application. This will take a moment to install and then will present the choice dialog. Your new choice will only be applied to new documents that you print; old documents will use the previous billing method you chose.

Keywords:ICS, Housing, Education, BNAAC, Library, Media, ACES, ATLAS, LAS, Illini Union, LER, McKinley, print, printer, printing, Banner, Illini Cash, bill me later, bill me now, payment method, pay   Doc ID:59782
Owner:Heidi G.Group:University of Illinois Technology Services
Created:2016-01-15 10:08 CSTUpdated:2017-09-28 08:34 CST
Sites:University of Illinois Technology Services
Feedback:  3   28