KnowledgeBase - Universal Guiding Principles for KB Partners
Universal guiding principles for KB partners.
Every KB partner at the University of Illinois is required to follow a universal set of guiding principles to unify with the top level KB answers.uillinois.edu and to promote information sharing and collaboration among all partner groups. These include:
- Make every effort to avoid content duplication and conflicting solutions, especially from the public top-level site https://answers.uillinois.edu.
- Document Relevance must be defaulted to My University System to allow for documents to be searched from any University of Illinois KB front-end.
- Ensure all documents contain clean HTML. When copy/pasting from other programs like Microsoft Word, use tools such as HTML-Cleaner.
- All documents must have expiration dates and be reviewed on a regular cycle. Expired documents will be unavailable for viewing.
- Feedback on documents (Helpful/Unhelpful votes) should be reviewed regularly. Unhelpful documents should be edited or removed.
- Comments should be reviewed and acted on promptly.