Illinois Compass 2g, Allowing additional time on a test
This page describes how to allow extra time for students on an exam in Illinois Compass 2g
- Log in to Illinois Compass 2g at https://compass2g.illinois.edu and navigate to your course space.
- Go to the test that needs to be altered and click the downward arrow next to its title.
- Select "Edit the Test Options."
- Check the box next to "Set Timer."
- Enter the expected time of completion for the exam by all students in the "Minutes" box.
- (Here's where the individual exceptions begin)--Scroll down to "Test Availability Exceptions" and click "Add User or Group."
Check the box next to the name of the student (or Group of students) who requires additional time to complete the exam.
Note: If you have multiple students requiring differing amounts of additional time, you will have to repeat these steps for each student.
- Click "Submit." You will be returned to the Edit Test Options screen and should see the student or Group you just selected.
- Enter the additional time allowed for that student or Group in the "Timer."
- Once you have adjusted all exceptions for the exam, scroll down and click the "Submit" button.