PIE, Adding users
Publish Site Administrators can add users to various roles within their websites.
Site administrators can add new users to their site very easily.
- Go to your site’s Dashboard
- Go to Users
- Go to Add New
- If someone is already a user on publish.illinois.edu, use the “Add Existing User” form at the top. If someone is brand new to publish.illinois.edu, use the “Add New User” form at the bottom. If you are adding someone who is at the University of Illinois, you should use their @illinois.edu email address as both their username and their email address.
This is adapted from the WordPress documentation at wordpress.org.
- Administrator – Somebody who has access to all the administration features of the site
- Editor – Somebody who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users’ posts, etc.
- Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish them
- Subscriber – Somebody who can only manage their profile