KnowledgeBase - Advisory Board
This document outlines some of the roles and responsibilities that exists within the KB Advisory Board.
The role of the Advisory Board is to provide strategic insight and direction for the KnowledgeBase throughout its lifecycle and to ensure that the service continues to meet the needs and expectations of its participants. The Advisory Board is responsible making recommendations regarding the future of the service and any significant changes in KnowledgeBase, its operations, or its architecture as well as to be the arbitrator of any issue where the governance is deemed to be unclear or inadequate to provide a resolution.
Board Membership: The KnowledgeBase Advisory Board membership includes representation across organizational structures, but also disciplines, levels of technical expertise, and roles. Membership may be adjusted by KnowledgeBase Advisory Board Chair based upon need.
Board Duties: The primary function of the KnowledgeBase Advisory Board is to serve as a high-level governing body for the KnowledgeBase for all three campuses. The responsibilities for the board include:
- Provide oversight for the operation of the Board.
- Schedule and lead a recurring Board meeting.
- Establish the meeting agendas and publish meeting minutes.
- Follow-up on action items.
- Provide direction to the Board.
- Facilitate communication among the Board members.
- Facilitate the prioritization of high-level tasks for the KnowledgeBase.
- Ensure proper and balanced representation of participants on the Board.
- Foster the open and transparent environment.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings, either in-person or on-line.
- Promote the KnowledgeBase alignment to its abilities and mission.
- Promote dialog and cooperation with other department’s efforts, and organizations.
- Make and amend policies consistent with the mission of the KnowledgeBase and the university.
- Serve as mediator for service-related issues not clearly resolved through existing policies.
- Help identify and mitigate potential high-level service-related issues.
- Steer the long-range future and viability of the KnowledgeBase.
- Assist in KnowledgeBase life cycle planning, including creation, reviews, updates, and retirement.
- Make recommendations for resource allocation and/or distribution.
- Oversee the development of standard best practices.
- Gather feedback and ideas to enhance the KnowledgeBase.
- Advocate for the success of the KnowledgeBase.
- Select the Advisory Board Chair.
The KB Advisory Board membership includes representation across not only organizational structures, but also disciplines, levels of technical expertise, and roles. Membership may be adjusted by KB Advisory Board Chair based upon need. The roles for board members are:
Board Chair – selected every two (2) years or as needed.
Board Vice-Chair – selected every two (2) years or as needed.