CA Service Desk Manager - Parent/Children Relationships Between Requests
Request tickets for similar issues can be related together by creating a parent/child relationship between them. There are two methods for creating a parent/child relationship between Request tickets.
Method 1 - Add children to the parent request
- Open the Request ticket that is to become the parent.
- Select the Relationships main tab, then select Parent/Child sub tab:
- Click the Update Children button. The search page opens:
- Complete one or more of the search fields for related ticket records, and click Search. A list of tickets matching the search criteria are displayed.
Select the related tickets from the list on the left, and click .
The selected tickets are added to the list on the right.
When all related tickets are in the list on the right, click OK. The detail page displays with the selected tickets listed on the Parent/Child tab.
Method 2 - Specify a parent ticket from the child
- Open the Request ticket that is to become a child.
- Select the Relationships main tab, then select Parent/Child sub tab
- In the Parent field, enter the Request number of the ticket that you wish to be the parent:
Viewing parent/child associations
- Open either a parent or a child Request
- Select the Relationships main tab, then the Parent/Child sub tab
If the selected ticket is a Child, the Parent ticket will be listed in the Parent field. Alternately, if the selected ticket is a Parent, the Child ticket(s) will be listed in the Request Children section:
Closing all children
You can close all the children tickets before closing the parent ticket:
- Open the parent Request ticket
- Click the Action menu and select Close All Children: