AITS KnowledgeBase (KB), SharePoint, Box - Where Should My Documentation Reside?
I don't know where I should store my documentation.
Guidelines for communication for information storage is as follows:
- External audience communication
- Support applications
- Job aids
- How To documents
- Support documents for the AITS Service Desk should be placed in the KB. Any application that is supported at a first or second tier by the AITS SD should have documentation in the KB.
- Application policies and procedures
- Technical information
- Customer information
- AITS policies and procedures
- Internal repository for project work
- Team communication
- AITS communication
- Sharing documents outside of AITS. The exception is when external customers are part of a Project team and then those documents are part of the Project SharePoint site and might be posted on the appropriate Project website.
- Policy: A policy describes specific objectives for the University of Illinois; it defines governance and responsibility for the objectives.
- Procedure: A procedure describes the specific processes used in order to implement a control objective.
- Standard: A standard describes what must be done in order to comply with a policy.
- Guideline: A guideline describes what should be done in order to comply with generally accepted best practices.
Using U of IL Box