Pinnacle, Disconnecting a Cellular Line
How do I use Pinnacle to disconnect a cell phone line?
Pinnacle, Disconnecting a Cellular Phone
This page contains instructions for Pinnacle Department Managers disconnecting a Cellular phone line using Pinnacle.
- The phone number to be disconnected
- Day and date that service should be disconnected if applicable
- MRC account number
- OCC account number
- Direct your browser to https://go.illinois.edu/pinnacle (requires either an on campus network connection or the VPN) and click Urbana-Champaign.
- Log in with your NetID and Active Directory password.
In the upper right corner of the browser, ensure .Dept Mngr is selected.
NOTE: If .Dept Mngr does not appear, then you are in the .Dept Mngr role.
- Below that, select Services.
- Enter the Service Number that needs to be disconnected and click Search.
- Select the Service Number from the list by clicking on it in the Service column.
- Click Disconnect Service.
- Under the Contact region, provide a name of a person who can answer questions about the line being changed. Either:
- Check the Select Existing Contact box, and select an existing contact. If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Contact Pop-up Search window.
- Or deselect the Select Existing Contact box and manually enter the Contact First Name, Contact Last Name, Contact Phone information.
- In the Additional Information field the following information is optional:
- The day and date that service should be disconnected
- If a day and date is not provided, the number will be disconnected in the sequence in which the request was received.
- The name of the individual who will be assuming the cellular service if applicable.
- Indicate the individual would like to assume the cellular service.
- Click Finish.
- After adding all requests to the cart, click the Cart menu at the top left of the page.
- The requests should be listed in the cart. When ready, click the boxes next to the requests, then click Submit Checked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, if you would like all requests entered as 1 order (XXX-1, XXX-2, XXX-3, etc.) check theAs Same Order box. If you prefer each request get a unique order number (XXX-1, YYY-1, ZZZ-1, etc), leave the As Same Order box unchecked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, click Checkout Items.
- The Service Request number will be displayed. Additionally, an email confirmation will be sent.